Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists
Prizes to be awarded at the international tapestry exhibition titled
‘KÁRPIT 3 Apocalypse or global sustainability’
1. The Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists (MKE) establishes the following prizes for single awarding at the international tapestry exhibition titled KÁRPIT 3 Apocalypse or global sustainability to be staged between 12 April and 28 May 2017 at Pesti Vigadó:
1 Aranygyapjú I / offered by the Ministry of Human Resources, and to be awarded by minister of human resources Zoltán Balog
1 Aranygyapjú II / offered by the Hungarian Academy of Arts (MMA) to be awarded by MMA president György Fekete professor emeritus
1 Aranygyapjú III / offered by the Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists, and to be awarded by Bacskai József, Deputy State Secretary for Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
1 Special prize / offered by the Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists to be awarded by MKE president Dr. Edit Lázár-Balog
4 Aranygyapjú diplomas / awarded by Lívia Pápai DLA, Habil, curator of the exhibition
2. Establishment of the above prizes is based on paragraph 5/8 of chapter II of the statutes of the Association of Hungary Tapestry Artists whereby the association ‘grants fellowships, and establishes prizes’ as well as paragraph 6 of chapter II stating that it ‘envisages to realise these from funding applications, subsidies, donations from other organisations, and private individuals, membership fees, and income received pursuant to public service contracts, and its own business operations.’
3. From among the above prizes cash prizes Aranygyapjú I, II, and III, and the 4 non-cash Aranygyapjú diplomas may be handed over by the international jury to those Hungarian, and foreign tapestry artists selected for the KÁRPIT 3 Apocalypse or global sustainability who have nominated works embodying outstanding artistic performance. Evaluating the above prizes shall be the competence of the exhibition’s international jury. The Special prize coming with a cash reward shall be offered on the occasion of the 20th jubilee of the establishment of the Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists, and may be awarded to a Hungarian candidate to the KÁRPIT 3 Apocalypse or global sustainability international tapestry exhibition based on the assessment of the international jury.
The above awards have been offered following unanimous decision of the presidential board of the Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists, and based on the intention of its general meeting held on 2 December 2016.
4. The awarding of the above prizes, as a single occasion, will take place at the opening ceremony of the international tapestry exhibition KÁRPIT 3 Apocalypse or global sustainability staged at Pesti Vigadó on 12 April 2017. If the work to be rewarded is the creation of more than one artist, the prize will be divided among them in proportion of their contribution, and if such proportion is unknown, the prize will be divided into equal parts.
5. The Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists reserves the right of revoking the prizes offered quoting paragraph (3) of article 6:588. (3) of the Civil Code in the event that funding behind any of the prizes involving cash award should not be provided due to failure by any of the above named organisations to fulfil their commitments.
6. The Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists publishes the offering of the above prizes on its website.
7. All duties associated to offering the prizes until the awarding event shall be performed by the Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists.
8. The presidential board of the Association of Hungarian Tapestry Artists shall publish the list of all award recipients of the KÁRPIT 3 Apocalypse or global sustainability exhibition the following opening of the exhibition.
Budapest, 2 December 2016
Dr. Edit Lázár-Balog president, MKE
Indira Máder deputy president, MKE
Ida Lencsés deputy president, MKE